Sunday, October 19, 2008

Toothless

There are 2 people in our family that have been losing teeth like they are going out of style! A few weeks ago the front teeth came out for Andrew and just about awhile ago Alli lost one of her front teeth. They were already missing a bunch of their bottom front teeth! So here are some pictures that were retrieved from my corrupted memory card. (thanks again to my neighbor John)...

Andrew getting his 1st front tooth pulled by Dad.


1 tooth gone!




Well, the first tooth came out at night. It was so loose I wanted to get it out before bedtime. (I didn't want any early morning choking sessions!) So he was so excited and he was sure that his other tooth was not far behind. We told him to go to bed and not to play with his other tooth. Well in the morning when I saw him his other tooth was poking out and all crooked. (He obviously had been playing with it.) Well, Andrew went downstairs for breakfast and the next time I saw him he was missing both of his teeth! His Dad pulled the other one out! Can you imagine Andrew's excitement about being visited by the Tooth Fairy 2 days in a row! So now we had a toothless face! (Just in time for school pictures!!)

Toothless Drew


Next up was Alli. She lost her 1st front tooth just about 2 weeks ago. She was very excited but she didn't want us to pull it out. Alli has had some trauma to her front teeth and they have been loose and shifting for quite sometime. (her trauma involved planting her 3 front teeth in Andrew's head in a running collision. She had to see Dr. D so she didn't loose them prematurely.) Well one of them finally came out! Shane and I helped just a bit (that is why I don't have many pictures of her. It took 2 of us to handle the situation!) Her other is really loose too but it is just content hanging around moving about in the big hole left by the other tooth!



Of course Ty couldn't miss out on the fun! Here is Dad pulling Ty's tooth! (don't worry it was all pretend!) He is just a big copy cat!


5 comments:

Mindy Markley said...

That's funny, shane almost looks like a dentist in that one. :-) I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch, and I am such a bad friend for forgetting your birthday. How could I? It's the same day as Carli's. Actually, my grandma passed away the next day so it was off to Utah for a funeral. Then, when I got back my job this semester is a work study for the interior design department. it's been really crazy because we were going through our accreditation review (it's a super huge deal. Not very many ID programs are accredited. It took us 8 years to get it. ) Then, the day after our site visit for the accreditation, I had emergency surgery. a week after my surgery I was in Boise presenting a Library I had designed to my clients. I really wanted to die during that month and honestly thought I might at a few points. It's amazing how much we're given when we think we can't do any more though.
So, I am sorry for forgetting your Birthday. We're over 30 now, we're not even 30, we're just thirty-something. It makes me sad. Ina few months we can ask Kola what it's like to be 32 though. hahahaha.

The Morgans said...

That is so Cute! Is the Tooth Fairy broke. My kids always lose there tooth on a Sunday night right before bed So I am always curious how the tooth fairy is going to come up with $$$

jenafeldman said...

I want to know what the going rate is from the tooth fairy in your house??

Rebecca said...

30 posts in 30 days? How am I supposed to get anything done around here...you know I'll just be blogging all day long thanks to you. well, I love the teeth photos you recovered. We're still in the getting teeth phase.

Steph said...

My kids are way late with their teeth falling out. Kenyon hasn't lost any and Brandon has only lost four on the bottom. He was seven before he lost his first tooth! Alli and Andrew look so cute toothless! Perfect for Halloween!