Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pictures? What pictures?

I have been pretty picture-less lately on my blog. Reasons are simple...yet complicated. I recently upgraded my camera situation and in the last month I have taken lots and lots of photos. Many photos have already been designated to different posts. I just have not sat down and transferred pictures to my computer. I know it is not a hard thing to do! I just haven't done it. Well today we went to the Pumpkin Patch and I was in photography bliss. The first chance I have had at a great location, great reason, just great everything to take pictures. Well while I was snapping away my camera displayed an error message about my memory card. I wasn't even able to see my past pictures. I started to panic. And of course I didn't have another card so the picture taking fun was done! Well, on our way home I was hopeful that I would still be able to transfer my pictures to my computer. (I should have done this forever ago...I know, I know) However, after setting things up the response I received was "no images found". WHAT???? I have tons and tons of pictures documenting haircuts, losing teeth, pumpkin patch, etc. all of which the thought of not having them just makes me so saddy. Then a thought...I think a friend might know what to do. Yes sure enough she gives me the name of a place that has helped her before and then there is hope again. I called and... they are closed. I just didn't want the stress of waiting over the weekend to know if my pictures were gone or saved. Well after chatting with another friend I found a solution. Her husband was going to be able to help. (Thanks John!!) So the last update I received was that he was able to pull about 200+ photos and his magic handy work was still in the process of getting more! (I told you I took a lot!) So I have learned my lesson and will be transferring my pictures sooner. I will also be cursing technology for taking away my photo memories, while at the same time praising it for retrieving them!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

URGH! i would die. i am not so good about uploading mine right away either. i hope you get them all bac - we'd sure like to see them :)

jenafeldman said...

Yucky my friend...