Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm all stitched up ah wha huh!!


Yes you heard it right...my hernia is no more. All I have now is pain, an even more interesting belly button, and many weeks of not being able to lift much! I think it is a good trade off!
On Tuesday bright and early I was off to the Surgery Center for my hernia repair! I was so happy that Shane could come with me and help me home. What a great blessing that was! I have told a few people that my greatest fear is that I would be on the operating table and the doc would slice me up and find that..."there is nothing here to fix!" Well, right before my surgery the doctor did come in and feel for my hernia...he couldn't find it! So he asked me to sit up a bit, so I did and he felt some more and...still couldn't feel it...(I am really stressing now but at least the only damage is that I have already had the IV put in!) So he asks me to stand up and...okay yup there it is. Whew...Okay I am doing this for a reason! So off to the operating room. As I think back to this things start to get a bit hazy. I was really fortunate to have a great Anesthesiologist who is friends with Shane and his brother. My fortune lies in the fact that I think we will receive the family/friend discount! Well, so I was transferred to the operating table and Butch put an oxygen mask on me and...that is all I remember until I heard someone calling my name. Apparently it took me about 45 mins to come out of it. Well, so that was finished and all I had to do now was recover! Still things are a bit hazy from then on but I know I did make it to my bed and HGTV was constantly giving me tips on how to better my house!

Now it has been 3 days since and I am feeling fine! I walk like an 80 year old woman and my rear is tired of sitting/laying down and I am a slow walker! Oh and my belly sticks out like I am pregnant-which I am not! (So if you come to my house you will just have to wait about 10mins! I am coming I promise!) So everything is good!
I want to send out some huge THANK YOU'S to lots of people!

1. My mother who extended her extended stay to take care of me for a few days! Love you mom!
2. My sister who has helped me take care of my kids and who is trying to help me regain my 30 year old posture and lose the 80 year old one!
(also thank you to Christy and Jenn for the flowers! and the sweet sentiments offered!)
3. Everyone for calling and checking on me!
4. Thanks to some friends who have brought us dinner, taken my kids to school/picked them up, and watched my kids for me!
5. Thank you to Shane for helping and supporting me thru the worst part!


9 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so glad you're doing better. Hopefully you will be walking and running soon!

jenafeldman said...

I am sorry!!!! I wish I could have come and taken care of you...I am glad Christy lives so close! You know I'm thinking about you and your belly! ; )

Rebecca said...

Can't wait to get back to running again! I miss my gym buddy!

Dannielle said...

I am glad everything went okay...call me if I can do anything for you.

Heidi Rushing said...

Glad you are feeling better! Hope to see you out running soon. Try and enjoy the down time. Isn't it crazy how that is what we are always hoping for but when we get it - we go stir crazy? I will give you a call, Will is really wanting his cousins to come play.

Tamara said...

I had no idea that all of this was going on, I am glad to hear that everything is okay.

Nicole Jackson said...

I'm glad that you did great with the surgery and you are on the mend. Do you think you'll be ready for a half in september? That's the one I am shooting for!

Shelby said...

wow- i didn't realized you had already had surgery. sounds like all is well. i have been kinda swamped with work & didn't realize the world outside my little box. hope your recovery is smooth.

Chelsea said...

Yikes! I am so sorry for you lady! At least you have a good excuse for allowing a mess...what is my excuse?