Monday, March 17, 2008

Dinner table conversation!

What an exciting time tonight at dinner! We were so grateful to a friend for bringing us dinner tonight which was delish! Thanks! Alli and Andrew were harassing each other. Ty was staring at everyone from his chair in a cold induced glassed over stare and I was trying to finish a book! And of course Shane was still at work! Well after Alli spilled her drink twice! We got to talking about missionaries! Good topic! The kids asked me when I would be a missionary, to which I replied aren't we all missionaries? Then we talked about at what age boys serve a mission and when girls serve a mission. Andrew was sad that Alli got to go when she was 21 until I told him that he got to go before Alli! He was excited about that...then the topic turned to marriage when Andrew said "Alli you and I will be Mom and Dad together." Alli and I informed him that you can't marry your brother or sister. I said that they would each find a beautiful young woman or handsome young man to marry. Then Andrew said "what about Kennedy!" (so Kennedy if nothing works out you will always have Andrew!) I had to tell him that no you can't marry anyone in your family..."you will find a Hot Wife to marry!" And he said "mom, were you a hot wife?" And of course I answered "yeah I was! (still am)" Then he looked confused and said "you mean like with fire and stuff!" to which I replied "oh yeah baby!"

Then one more cute thing from my little Andrew...Tonight he said our family prayer and he said "I hope you had a good St. Patrick's Day, Heavenly Father and Jesus...and I love you." Now that is cute! After the prayer he pointed out that he said 2 nice things and he wanted me to name them!

12 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

Of course you are/were a HOT wife....thanks for the laugh! I hope you are feeling better!! We feel bad that we never actually talked to you directly when you had surgery. Momma Shari gave us updates over the phone. We hope you know that we love you!!

jrushing said...

of course...what is not to love! I am doing much better. Thanks for asking. Maybe by the end of the week I can leave this prison...oh I mean house!

jenafeldman said...

So what book are you absorbed in now??? I am so impressed with your literary stamina! You ARE one hot mama...did you mention to him how HOT "hot tamales" make you???

cjdustin said...

You are one hot mama! You are always guaranteed an interesting dinner conversation with your children. Cassidy said in her prayers, "Thanks for a good St. Patrick's Day" I'm so glad she enjoyed it since I didn't do anything to celebrate the holiday.

Nicole Jackson said...

I am totally cracking up over here! Thanks for a good afternoon laugh. And inform your son that you are still a hot mama!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute! Now the whole marrying family I think is okay if you're from Utah...is it not?(jk) Fun dinner conversation.

Rebecca said...

Do you think Doug would get on here and pretend he was me? That is so weird! Shout out to the stalker! Oh yeah, your post is hilarious too!

Rebecca said...

Did you put a new family picture on your blog? I like the blue!

Heidi Rushing said...

We moms just get hotter with age! The fire just keeps spreading (along with our hips!) What a good laugh! Kennedy will be totally honored to have Andrew as an admirer. It will be a nice change from just having her brothers wanting to marry her!

Tamara said...

Yeah, you were/are one hot mama. Keep on working it.

jrushing said...

Doug- If you are going to comment on my blog you at least have to own what you say!!! No pawning things off on your wife!!

Alyssa said...

that reminds me. when i was at your house the other day he asked me how old i was. when i told him he said that i was going to get married soon. and kennedy was too