Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let there be LIGHTS!


Well ladies and gentlemen! Today I would like to announce that the Rushing family now has joined in the Christmas light festivities. It has been a long 9 years in coming but finally the day has come!

Shane is not a big fan of putting up Christmas lights. It might stem from his childhood experiences...I am not sure. However, I have always wanted to put up lights. So... last year at the after Christmas sales I bought lights! And today those lights with additional ones I found at the after Thanksgiving sales this year went up! With the help from a neighbors step ladder (Alli and Andrew occasionally) we now have lights. The lights above the garage are shimmering snowflakes cute huh?? I am just so excited about this and so excited for Shane to see them when he gets home!

So today for my good deed I spread holiday cheer to my 3 little ones who were so excited to see the lights. Ty said "whoaaaaa!" We are all happy about the lights! Now we just need to get us a Christmas tree and we will officially be in the Christmas spirit!

6 comments:

cjdustin said...

congratulations!!!! I'm so proud of you.

jenafeldman said...

You banished Scrooge!!! It looks fabulous!!!

Melissa and Dave said...

yay! I am so excited for you- I have always wanted christmas lights for our house too..I just have to get a house first ;)

Scott Rushing said...

Way to go Julie. Heidi rehabbed me from my anti hanging lights attitude as well. Shane - just because most of the folks we know back home keep their lights on the house all year doesn't mean we have to.

Charis said...

Hey Rushing Family - We are so glad to see you have a blog. It's such a fun way to keep in touch. Your kids are growing so fast. They are darling. Glad to be in touch. Andy & Charis

Heidi Rushing said...

Well you are way ahead of this other Rushing schedule - it took me 12 years to get Scott to hang lights! Actually, make that 13 years! The first year I hung them myself and then guilted him to it the next year!