Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The answer is Yes!

I have an umbilical hernia! There I have spread the news to the world. I have a hernia!! And I am here to answer any questions you might have! First I have to give props where props are due...

Christy for giving me my first diagnosis when I told her that my belly button hurt.
Scott for always being there when I have medical issues!
Two beautiful children because without them this umbilical hernia would not be possible!
A wonderful husband who loves me even if my intestines are popping out of place!

On to the questions:

Umbilical hernia is when your abdominal wall rips and your intestines start to come through the hole in the wall.

Yes it can be serious.

No I do not qualify for serious status. The Dr. called it a "little" one.

Yes doing crunches and Gunnar's Ab Assault can make it hurt!

Yes it does require surgical repair.

Yes this will be my first surgery.

Yes I can't believe that I have a hernia.

Yes this will delay my ability to train for a half marathon.

Yes I am okay.

I am anticipating having surgery the 2nd week in March.

Alli has already informed my neighbor that my "belly button will be cut off."

So on the advice of my Dr. Brother in law...I have posted the above information! If you care to know any further information you can call me at (---/---/----) (sorry I can't give out my personal information) or you can look up umbilical hernias on Web MD! Or I also have a pamphlet I could send you that tells you all about hernias and the surgeries to fix them!

6 comments:

cjdustin said...

No I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!

jenafeldman said...

Love the new look... So sorry about your hernia - Yuck!

Dannielle said...

Let me know if I can do anything...watch kids, dinner, whatever...you are going to bounce right back :) Talk to you later.

Shelby said...

sorry to hear about your outie problem. i guess you'll have something to look forward to after the wedding - yuk! i love the new look of your blog.

Nicole Jackson said...

Sorry you have a hernia! How long will you be down and out? Hurry and get better so we can run together!

Heidi Rushing said...

plan on me helping with the kids and a meal. Hope it all goes well.