Thursday, January 29, 2009

A little FYI for those who don't know!


So I thought that I would fill you in on the Peachtree "joke"! For my business I am responsible for the accounting side. Why you may ask??? Well simple really...I married an accountant! Believe me it is not because of my stellar skills in the math department. In fact I am reminded everyday how "NOT" skilled I am with numbers!
So we have established my "inabilities" in Math but, we have yet to discuss my "abilities" in the procrastinating department! I can procrastinate like no ones bid-ness! I am really remarkable at this talent! So remarkably talented that I have managed to procrastinate a whole years worth of Card Co. accounting ("keeping the books" for those who are down with the lingo) on the oh so loved Peachtree software. So for this last month...January IS almost over right? I have been slaving away at my beloved Peachtree! The only joy and solace I have found in these few weeks has been mocking the before mentioned software and joking about how I would love for it to burn! So there you have it...the whole story!

On a side info note** I have found that Peachtree and chocolate (Thanks Tamara & Jean) go very well together! So I better finish soon or my rear end might just be bigger than it was when I began this quest many moons ago!

(no pun intended)

I can't wait until the day when I will call Peachtree my friend no longer! Bon Voyage and I hope to not see you again...well at least until next month!

9 comments:

jenafeldman said...

Were they full moons?

Dannielle said...

I think quickbooks is easier but not sure - what a pain though. Hang in there and isn't it funny how chocolate can help!!! I couldn't believe how hard it was for you to get back home - but how fun for you to getaway. Robb and I need to go somewhere - maybe someday!!!

cjdustin said...

I love talking to you on the phone and hearing the "click click click" in the background!

jrushing said...

I am almost sure anything else is easier than Peachtree! And I am almost done! YEeeeeeeHAaaaaaaW!

Steph said...

Hmmmm, you sound like Pete. He always procrastinates our taxes to the VERY last second.

Tamara said...

Just to show how smart I am, I thought you might be talking about accounting software, but couldn't figure out why you would need it. That's how really DUMB I am! And by the way, chocolate always improves every yucky job.

Chelsea said...

I am so relieved to know what Peachtree references were b/c I was wondering if the dumb blonde in me was coming out in full force. Very cute. Glad you are almost done.

Shelby said...

are ya done yet?? shockingly, mine are done & i don't think i will be filing an extension this year - 1x in like 10 years!

Anonymous said...

Just thought i'd drop by and say HEY! This is Emily Jensen/Tawzer. I didn't know that your husband is an accountant! My husband is in the accounting program here at BYUI! He's so excited about it all the time. ha. Anyway, I hope you and your family are doing well! I'm coming home to visit in May and I hope I can see ya!