Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!




I just got used to being 30 in time to turn 31! Yes, I celebrated my 31st Birthday on the 4th. I spent the day doing whatever I wanted to do! I hung out with my big sis Kiki. My hubby invited me to come and have lunch with him downtown in the afternoon. I got my very dirty car cleaned. Although I was ready to shell out $49 for a Express Detail, I went to the wrong location so I settled for a $5 super clean and a $.50 vacuum job by me the Birthday Girl! Then I went to enrichment so I wouldn't have to cook dinner or take care of my kids that night (okay I also went to be spiritually uplifted!) I even got a birthday singin' to at enrichment! Thank you friends! Then to top it off I came home to blow out the candle on my birthday cake (thank you Kiki) while my family sang to me! What a day! Thank you to all who helped me celebrate!

17 comments:

Dannielle said...

Happy Birthday...I am glad you had a good day. And what a cute family picture.

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Julie! Sounds like a fun day! It's so nice to have a sister so close!

Jen Chesnut said...

Love your family!!! Happy Belated birthday!!!

Jen

jenafeldman said...

yay for birthdays - love the shirt!

The Morgans said...

Happy Birthday! Its kinda fun getting to know you better!

Sommer and Eric said...

Happy Day of Birth! This picture is proof that my brother is a dork!

teamZ said...

I have to agree with Sommer. Shane, that picture is very flattering.

Heidi Rushing said...

If you look closely you can even see that Ty is trying to do the same face as shane - Shane, don't you realize your children always watch and imitate their parents?
Be careful - your face might freeze like that!

jrushing said...

Heidi- Don't you know that Shane always smiles like that for the camera?

Nicole Jackson said...

Happy belated bday. It sounds like you had a great day! Jon says Rock on Guitar Hero Champ!

Shelby said...

happy belated b-day julie! i am so bad about remembering much less doing anything for b-days. if i didn't have my kids reminding me about theirs all the time, i'd probably forget theirs too. anyways, sounds like you had a great day. how would it be to be 30again?? i am feeing old!

Charis said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!! 09/06 is my 1/2 birthday, it's a great day ;-) Happy to hear it was a good one.

Tamara said...

Happy Late Birthday...you were right, I should have checked this sooner:)

Joshey & Krispy said...

Happy birthday! your family is getting so grown up! long time, no see! Josh and I are getting married and would like to send you an announcement! please send it to kristi.quan@gmail.com Thanks!!!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday cute girl. I love that picture! Your family is gorgeous and that cake looks super yumma.

Jen Chesnut said...

did you make that cake julie? wow!

jrushing said...

Of course not! That cake was given to me by my sweet sister! She got it from Coldstone! And yes it was very yumma!