Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy!

Today while perusing thru blogs I overheard a few things...

Andrew: NO TY NO!!!
Ty: (starts to cry/whine/big fat lip)
Andrew: Oh Ty it's okay, oh Ty...(yadda yadda)

I am half way listening. I figure if Ty is not running to me he is okay and I don't have to intervene. Well this conversation with the boys continues for about 5 mins. (It is like a broken record.) Andrew yells at Ty and Ty starts whimpering and Andrew consoles Ty. So finally I turn around and find Andrew in the middle of his consoling part rubbing Ty's back and saying "its okay Ty its okay." Well the light bulb went off and I realized that this was a game to Andrew. (I know I should have know earlier) So I told him that he should not be yelling at his brother because he will think that is okay and we will have a copy cat incidence in other situations (i.e. nursery). So Andrew says...

"Okay, but I like to make him happy!"

Apparently you have to make someone sad before you can make them happy! I thought that was hilarious and wanted to share with you all! There is not a day that goes by that I don't laugh at the funny things my kids say/do! Now if the weather would just shape up I could be happy too!

6 comments:

cjdustin said...

So when we do get the good weather..you will be just laughing all day long!!! I know I said "when" I should have said "if" Who knows if it will come.

Steph said...

Andrew is so cute! He, Allie and Aaron are always fighting over who gets to sit next to Jaron. They like the little ones!

Mindy Markley said...

Hey you! How are things? I am so jealous of your blog. I am lucky if i get mine updated more than twice a year. Hence the whole Catholic comment. Things here are good, finals are rearing their ugly heads, but I'm making it through. I am designing some very cool places this semester. I will post my portfolio if/when I get it put together for review. (this is what determines if we get to stay in the program- wish me luck!!!!)
The kids are good, can't wait for school to be done and I don't blame them. It's been a hard year for all of us academically.
Keep me updated, I was sad to read about your hernia, but then thought.... it's the welcome to your 30's, here's your health problem. My Epilepsy flared up really bad and I found a tumor on my liver (that was weird, let me tell ya.) Nicholle Lundblade had a tumor on her breast and my other friend had a tumor on her thyroid. We started a welcome to your 30's, here's your tumor club. It was awesome. :-)
It was good to hear from you, don't be a stranger!!

Rebecca said...

so funny

Mindy Markley said...

Hey! Check out my new blog! my friend Andrea blogjacked me and made it pretty again!

Nicole Jackson said...

Funny and cute! I sometimes don't know when I should intervene but I find myself doing it probably more than I should! By the way how's you're running?